We reported a few weeks back the possibility of Endgame passing the 2009 smash hit Avatar at the box office. But today Screen Rant are reporting that Avengers: Endgame are all but there and need just $100 million to become the highest grossing movie ever!
As we all know that Avatar has held this coveted trophy for a while now (10 years in fact) as it managed to grab a worldwide gross total of $2,697553,784 and with that became the first movie to hit over $2 billion at the box office. We all know that Avengers: Endgame had passed Avatar at the domestic box office, but it now needs the international box office if it wants to make more money overall.
Many die hard Marvel fans have already begun a hashtag trend with the #BeatAvatar being spread to help the movie. I’m also sure there’s some fans out there who are spending so much money and seeing it over and over to try and help the movie tip Avatar to the finish.
Top 10 Highest Grossing Movies
- AVATAR (2009) // $2,788,000,000
- AVENGERS: ENDGAME (2019) // $2,188,700,000
- TITANIC (1997) // $2,187,500,000
- STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS (2015) // $2,068,200,000
- AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (2018) // $2,048,400,000
- JURASSIC WORLD (2015) // $1,671,700,000
- MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS (2012) // $1,518,800,000
- FURIOUS 7 (2015) // $1,516,000,000
- AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON (2015) // $1,405,400,000
- BLACK PANTHER (2018) // $1,346,900,000